Friday, April 16, 2021

Official in June

 Well, I received a letter from the courts that they originally denied my legal name change request because I didn't want to publish it in the paper. The whole point of not wanting to publish it was because I wasn't originally going to tell anyone I did it. This is something I am doing for ME. I didn't want people to tell me I was dumb or to try to talk me out of it. Or to be teased about it, because the torment all my life is what led me to file it anyway. 

 So, I went into the court house to see what the next step was and they said they already submitted to have it published. They then assigned a court date of June 3rd. This is will be the day it becomes official. I know there is the whole process of going, but there is no reason for denial. That will mean that on June 3rd my legal name change will be official.

 Since they had to publish it in the newspaper, that meant I also had to tell everyone I was doing it. I was nervous telling them, because I don't want to hurt anyones feelings (my parents) but mostly I just didn't want people making fun of me anymore. I understand it's an off the wall name, but if you've read my other blogs, you'd understand where it's coming from. SURPRISINGLY my family and friends were mostly supportive. It was a weight off my shoulders telling them I was doing it. And a few have accepted and are already calling me by my chosen name. It feels good to be my authentic self. It feels good to be comfortable in such a small (but not so small) aspect of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What the change has done

 So I have been Journee for a few months now. The name change was a process. I still have many accounts under Trisha that need updated. Abou...